FAQs | Boat Bar and Table Mounts | Docktail Bar
Which Mount do I need?
General Mount Type Guide
Will the Docktail® Bar hold every bottle size?
While we have made every effort to cover all the most popular bottle sizes, there will be some that just won’t fit. If you have a question about which insert to buy or if a bottle will fit, here are the approximate interior diameters of our inserts and bar top slots.
Largest Bar Top Slot – 5.155”
2 Liter Insert/Slot – 4.468”
1 Liter Insert/Slot – 3.563”
.75 Liter Insert/Slot – 3.188"
How long will it take to install my Docktail® Bar?
- Your Docktail® Bar is easily mounted in a matter of minutes using just a Phillips head screw driver in most cases. The top of the bar comes fully assembled. You will simply need to attach the mount to the bottom of the bar or table top. Select the best mount placement based on the predrilled mounting holes on the bottom of the bar and type of mount you are using. If you have further questions, please let us know via email.
What Mounts are compatible with the Docktail® Bar line?
- Magma® "LeveLock"™ All-Angle Adjustable Fish Rod Holder Mount Hardware Needed - 4 ¾ inch ¼ 20 Flathead Stainless Steel Screws
- Magma® "Pow'rGrip™/LeveLock"™ Double Locking All-Angle Adjustable Rod Holder Mount. Hardware Needed - 4 ¾ inch ¼ 20 Flathead Stainless Steel Screws
- V-Lock Mounting System - Call V-Lock direct for options and hardware requirements.
- Magma® "Single" "LeveLock"™ Flush Deck Socket Mount. Hardware Needed – 4 ¾ inch ¼ 20 Flathead Stainless Steel Screws plus deck hardware
- Magma® "Single" "LeveLock"™ Surface Deck Socket MountHardware Needed – 4 ¾ inch ¼ 20 Flathead Stainless Steel Screws plus deck hardware
- Seasucker® 4 ½” and 6“ Suction Cup Mounts – Recommend 2 for this Application –Hardware Needed – 1 ¾ inch ¼ 20 Flathead Stainless Steel Screw per suction cup
How durable is the Docktail® Bar?
The Docktail™ Bar is made of King StarBoard®. King StarBoard® is the original marine-grade polymer and the industry standard. King StarBoard® material is made with FDA and USDA approved raw materials and also has U.V. protection for outdoor use. King StarBoard is environmentally stabilized to withstand the harshest marine conditions. It will not rot or discolor like teak and other solid woods, and it will not delaminate like wood laminates.
How do I clean my Docktail® Bar.
Your Docktail™ Bar is not only simple to clean; it can be cleaned in a variety of ways depending on your preference. King StarBoard® is made to maintain its color and finish for the lifetime of the boat. Only routine cleaning or pressure washing with common detergents is required. Nylon scrub pads and brushes should be used with care because excessive force can mar the finish. For resistant stains, apply bleach and allow it to soak in. Use citrus cleaner, alcohol or mineral spirits to remove grease or oil stains. Automotive silicone spray products or household furniture polish can help to hide scratches in the surface.
Will prolonged exposure to the sun damage my Docktail® Bar?
No. King StarBoard® is environmentally stabilized to withstand the harshest marine conditions and includes U.V. protection. It will not rot or discolor like teak and other solid woods, and it will not delaminate like wood laminates.
How do I get a new part if I lose one?
Please call us or send an email, and let us know what you need. Sometimes it will be best for you to order parts from us, or you may be better off buying replacement parts from your local marine retailer. We will look at each situation on a case by case basis.
Where can I buy Docktail® Bar mounts?
The mounts needed will be available for purchase when you order a Docktail® Bar online. If you require a mount that we do not stock, you can buy it from your local marine supplier or direct from the manufacturer. We are compatible with several mounts from Magma® Products.